Funding Applications for Youth Day 2017 now open!
What is Youth Day?
Youth Day is an annual day of activities organised by young people, for young people across the city. It aims to show the important contribution made by 11 to 25 year olds in all aspects of life in Salford. We know out young people make a positive difference to our city - and we want to capture and celebrate this.
Where is Youth day?
Everywhere - all over Salford! Youth Day happens during the summer school holidays so that young people can take part across the city. Youth workers and young people are working on a programme of events to mark the day - and we want you to get involved!
Who else is involved in Youth Day?
Council staff from youth support services, children's services and communications, Salford CVS and the Children's Trust supporting Salford Youth Council, Fight for Change Council and Young Carers Board members attend these meetings.
We want all youth centres, detached teams, schools and any local groups that work with young people to get involved.
There's up to £150 available for each group activity!
This year our Youth Day celebration event is on Thursday 10th August. All other events are expected to take place on Youth Day itself - Friday 11th August where possible.
What is your role in Youth Day 2017?
You plan and run an activity, depending on your interests and your local community. See below for some ideas to get you started:
• Invite the community into the youth centre to make a film about your area
• Visit the local older people's home and run an event for them
• Run a family day in your centre with lots of fun games and activities for all ages
• Showcase volunteer work in your area
• Run an event for a local neighbourhood group
• Work in a music studio and create a song about your community
• Run an arts and craft session for your area
• Skateboard competition at local park with the community
• Fundraise in your community to spread the message of Youth Day.
This year we are asking groups to consider having a collection to support the food banks in Salford. We would like as many events as possible to support families in need while celebrating the contribution young people make in Salford.
How do I apply for funds for our event?
You can follow any updates on social media, if you haven't, why not follow us on Facebook @wuu2insalford or Twitter @wuu2salford and you can search #salfordyouthday to see the posts and selfies from last year and any updates for this year.
If you want to find out more or speak to someone about holding an event for Youth Day contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OTHER YOUTH DAY STORIES