Do you have a provisional licence?
Before you start your driving lessons you must have a provisional licence. See the video above on how to get a provisional licence or click the link:
How do you want to structure your driving lessons?
1) You can pay for lessons by the hour. This is good if you dont know if you can do specific days.
2) You can book in blocks which is usually cheaper if you think you will need quite a few lessons. You can still arrange times to suit your needs.
You must be 17 to start driving lessons but can be 16 to drive mopeds.
You need to have a provisional driving licence to take your driving theory test.
You will have to pass your driving theory test first before doing the practical test.
There are 2 parts to the theory test:
- the multiple choice part
- the hazard perception part
You must learn the Highway Code.
Both parts of the test are taken on the same day. You must book your driving theory test in advance. The questions in the multiple-choice part and format of the hazard perception part depend on what kind of vehicle you want to drive.
You need to pass both to pass the theory test.
For prices on the theory test go to https://www.gov.uk/driving-test-cost
1) You must learn the Highway Code. This is shown through your driving ability.
2) Can drive safely in different road and traffic conditions.
There isn't a specifc number of hours you must do to pass as soon as you show you have the ability you will pass the test.
You need to book your test in advance. For the price of the test please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/driving-test-cost